Sunday, August 23, 2009

The shower is now in the building........




















I thought it was about time y'all got the female view point so while 'himself' puts the finishing touches to our re-built bathroom and before we open our chilled champagne, here are a few words. There's no doubt about it, the renovation of the bathroom has been a mammoth task. The grandiose array of laboring tasks assigned to me is worthy of note: get me a bucket of water; sweep/mop this floor; can I have an orange & lemonade drink; hold this door open for me; can you get me a new bag of cement please; hold this piece of wood while I saw it; stand on the end of this tile while I use the angle-grinder on it; you can paint this ceiling now; is it lunch-time yet ? ........... to name but a small few. Actually it has been very hard work, obviously exacerbated by the heat - sweat has quite literally dripped from our faces onto the floor - but I realise I cant expect any sympathy on that front! The tiling was a much harder job than I had expected but I did have a go. As to the grouting, well I was going to have a go at that but I was told, and I quote, "Well you can have a go but the job has to be done properly" In other words, just stick to your laboring duties - so I did. The only remaining job, apart from getting a new shower curtain, is for the boiler to be boxed in for tidiness and I dont think that will present much of a challenge to Mr 'No job too big'. Anyway I think that the bathroom is now just a wonderful room and I plan to move in there - I just hope Mr D thinks it has all been worth it - and I refer here to the swearing, the sweating, the bruised body parts, the aching back, the stiff joints, the eyes & lungs full dust and cement powder etc etc. He was certainly enthusiastic about actually being able to take a shower in the house last night so something was right. We may keep the outdoor one in place just for fun and to remind us of desperate remedies.

The next blog will not mention the bathroom (!) but there are photos and a video attached here so you can do a before/after comparison. This chapter of the house re-vamp is now closed ...........

No comments: