Saturday, September 4, 2010

Three weeks to go….























On the 6th September I will be heading back to the UK for 5 days before flying out to South America for just over three weeks. I am heading out there with Bill, a friend & neighbour in Middleton who I went to Kili with. Mrs D is abstaining from this trip as the thought of a week on a small boat round the Galapagos Islands and then trekking up to Machu Picchu doesn’t excite her much. Big hills and boats are not in the fave things to do box!

Mrs D is staying out here in Corfu as her friend Wendy is coming out on the flight I am going back on, then her brother Reg is coming out for a week before they both fly back to the UK together. I am back in the UK early October, when we have little over a week before we both fly back out here to see out the season and the sun. The plan then is to drive back to Middleton at the end of November.

Before all this moving about takes place we have a few things to do here. Steps to alter, lots of painting, plastering and pointing to do outside and a few odd bits to finish off. (Well, we didn’t come out here for a rest you know!!)

I am sure we will manage the odd swim and drink with friends now and again.

Another saga came to an end in August, back in June I started the process of registering my bike out here. One thing lead to another and we had to get residency permits to complete the process then more back and forth with copies of this and that then I finally got my Greek plate on Monday 30th August. The old YD06 CKL is no more and we are now ETT 27!! The fun starts now looking for insurance and tax, I’m sure there will be more hoops to leap through.

There have been a couple of fires on the hills last couple of weeks most notably Tuesday eve this week when the hills at the back were well alight and took some getting under control. There were choppers with buckets of water and fire engines all over.

It is now the last weekend before I go and time has just flown by. Most chores done and going away lists done and checked I think I’m about prepared. A few things to get in the UK and we should be OK. We are hoping for a BBQ this weekend but we appear to have some off that strange wet stuff coming down from the sky so we will have to see if it goes away.

I will have to leave the blogging until I return (unless I get near a pc whilst away) and will fill you in on my antics & Mrs D’s guests when I get back. Y’all keep in touch now……..Mr D.

No comments: